Prep time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 6-8 pancakes
Satisfy your sweet tooth with our scrumptious protein packed pancakes that are nutritious and full of goodness. If protein shakes aren’t your thing, or you want to mix things up, our protein pancakes are most definitely a good option. They are super quick and easy to make and only require a few basic ingredients. The bulk of the nutrition comes from our superfood protein blend, giving you that extra boost of protein and fibre.
Our protein pancakes are full of oats which are rich in antioxidants and provide a steady stream of carb release, making it a great snack to have two hours before a gym workout. The pancakes are also paired with bananas which provides potassium to help support muscle function during exercise. The hero of all ingredients can be found in our superfood blend which contains Maca. The Maca will give you that much needed natural energy boost, making the protein to carb ratio an ideal 2:1.
Choose your favourite type of milk to add to the recipe, ours is almond milk as it pairs well with oats and bananas. It also doesn’t give you such a thick consistency after blending, making the mixture easier to pour into the pan.
Use our Berry superfood blend which provides a natural boost of energy and protein. The blend is full of plant-based pea protein and is a good source of Omega 3 as it contains sunflower, hemp, flax and pumpkin seed powders. Let’s get cooking.
1 cup rolled oats (we used cinnamon granola mix)
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
½ tbsp superfood berry mix blend
Agave nectar/maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients into a high powdered blender, blitz on high for a minute or until desired consistency. Place the mixture into a bowl ready to be ladled.
- Use a ladle to scoop out small amounts of batter and pour into a preheated pan, the recipe states 6-8 pancakes can be made depending on the size. Try and use a non-stick pan to avoid using oil.
- As soon as the batter hits the pan, use the back of your ladle to spread it out to the desired size and fill any holes with extra batter.
- After a few minutes, the pancakes will begin to come away from the pan. Once this happens, flip it to cook the other side for few mins.
- Once the pancakes begin to look golden brown flip the pancake with a pan slice to check both sides are cooked and place onto a plate.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and banana slices.
Convenience and Benefits
These pancakes are super easy to make and you can have them a few hours before a workout or even after a workout. You can have them first thing in the morning, making them a great start to the day, or in the evenings as a sweet treat. The pancakes are packed with nutritious energy oats to make you feel fuller for longer, giving you a much-needed natural boost of energy, protein, fibre and Omega-3
All ingredients are natural and a great way to add extra protein and fibre into your children’s diet, and is ideal way to serve as Sunday morning treat.